Then I discovered that Karlene wanted me to contribute!!!!!!
Just kidding. I love talking about my family and don't mind contributing. And, since I was the one most involved in this story, Karlene asked me to write it. So, here goes...
We were enjoying ourselves at my cousin's birthday party. I was playing a game of bean bag toss with him, and Kaitlyn was having fun picking up the bags for us. After one round while Kaitlyn was picking up the bags, someone on the deck asked me a question, and as I was turning back to the game, Kaitlyn walked right into my hand! I looked at Kaitlyn holding her face and crying, and I thought I hit her in the nose.
As you may know, Kaitlyn has 4 teeth that have been lose for awhile. When she showed me her mouth, one of her teeth was missing! I thought, "OH, NO! I knocked out her tooth!!" We started looking in the grass (talk about a needle in a haystack!!) and gave up after about 15 minutes of looking. Then I thought, "OH, GREAT!! She swallowed it!!" I thought Kaitlyn was going to cry even harder because she thought the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come if she didn't have the tooth! Just then, someone up on the deck says "Hey, what's this?" I go to look at what they are talking about, thinking "No way, I didn't hit her THAT hard." As I get up there, they point to a crack in the deck surrounded by potato chip crumbs, and there it is, Kaitlyn's little tooth! Kaitlyn sees it and yells "I spit out a potato chip earlier because it felt funny! It must have fallen out then!" I couldn't believe we found it!
Just kidding. I love talking about my family and don't mind contributing. And, since I was the one most involved in this story, Karlene asked me to write it. So, here goes...
We were enjoying ourselves at my cousin's birthday party. I was playing a game of bean bag toss with him, and Kaitlyn was having fun picking up the bags for us. After one round while Kaitlyn was picking up the bags, someone on the deck asked me a question, and as I was turning back to the game, Kaitlyn walked right into my hand! I looked at Kaitlyn holding her face and crying, and I thought I hit her in the nose.
As you may know, Kaitlyn has 4 teeth that have been lose for awhile. When she showed me her mouth, one of her teeth was missing! I thought, "OH, NO! I knocked out her tooth!!" We started looking in the grass (talk about a needle in a haystack!!) and gave up after about 15 minutes of looking. Then I thought, "OH, GREAT!! She swallowed it!!" I thought Kaitlyn was going to cry even harder because she thought the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come if she didn't have the tooth! Just then, someone up on the deck says "Hey, what's this?" I go to look at what they are talking about, thinking "No way, I didn't hit her THAT hard." As I get up there, they point to a crack in the deck surrounded by potato chip crumbs, and there it is, Kaitlyn's little tooth! Kaitlyn sees it and yells "I spit out a potato chip earlier because it felt funny! It must have fallen out then!" I couldn't believe we found it!
September 6, 2008 - lost my tooth, daddy!
Kaitlyn was so excited, and couldn't wait to go home and put it under her pillow. After we left the party, way past her normal bedtime, we came home and got her ready for bed. Kaitlyn was jumping around, all excited to see what the Tooth Fairy would bring her. So we lay her down, give her kisses, put the tooth under the pillow, and are about to say goodnight and leave, when she asks, "Will the Tooth Fairy wake me up when she comes?" We tell her no, saying she is like Santa Claus, and only comes when she is asleep.
Five minutes later, she must have gotten a little scared and decided she doesn't want it under her pillow. So we put it on the nightstand by her bed, shes fine, we say goodnight, and all is well.
About ten minutes later, she comes downstairs and asks if the Tooth Fairy will know where to find it. We tell her yes, she will know, and send her back to bed.
About ten minutes later, Kaitlyn comes down again to tell us she wants to put it back under her pillow so the Tooth Fairy can find it. We go up, put it under the pillow, say goodnight, all is well.
About ten minutes later, Kaitlyn comes down again to tell us she doesn't want it under her pillow anymore. We try the nightstand again, say goodnight, all is well.
Made it about fifteen minutes this time. She came downstairs and says she doesn't want it on the nightstand or under her pillow. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! We talk for a few minutes about how the Tooth Fairy is good and kind, and how Kaitlyn won't even know she was there. All is good, say goodnight, done.
Ten minutes later, she tracks me down in the computer room. I smash my head on the desk. Doesn't want it anywhere near her. Fine, we decide we will put it behind the door to her room, and the Tooth Fairy knows that is the next best spot besides the pillow or nightstand. Finally, Kaitlyn says she likes that idea. we say goodnight, all is good.
Ten minutes later, I went in to check on her. She is sound asleep. Finally!!! It's only 11:45pm - 3 hours and 45 minutes past her bedtime.
The next morning, I get woke up around 6:15, IN THE MORNING, to find out the Tooth Fairy did indeed visit. Kaitlyn was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, she got $5 for her first tooth! I thought I would have to feign excitement that early in the morning, but she was so happy, I couldn't help but be happy, too.
3 comments:
You guys are good parents...all that looking in the grass and the tooth shuffling late at night.
Congrats Kaitlyn on your 1st missing tooth! We say tooth fairy visits are the best.
Great job handling the Tooth Fairy visit. Kaitlyn congratulations on losing your first tooth in your potatoe chips. Did I ever tell you how Davin lost a tooth once biting into a big old soft donut!
Looks like I am going to have to send you a little something now that you are losing teeth. I will put it in the mail for you tomorrow.
Love--Aunt Nan
A fin for a single tooth!
With this economy, I might just knock out a few of my own.
T.C.
Post a Comment