Waiting for the bus to arrive....and waiting....
Once the bus arrived, she was jumping up and down with excitement and couldn't wait. Then the doors opened and she looked at the bus driver (not the most handsome man, with his over grown facial hair and a toothpick hanging out of his mouth as he spoke) then at me and just started crying and backing away with a terrified look in her eyes. At that point, my heart just ached. How was I going to calm her down and get her on the bus? I was about ready to say okay, forget it, lets jump in the car and go but she needed to do this…we both need to do this. I took her hand and told her I would get on the bus and make sure she was ok. In my head I was thinking is she going to be ok or will I be taking a bus trip to school? I got her seated and seat belt fastened. Yes, they have seat belts on buses these days. Told her she would be okay and to wave to Daddy, Hannah, Grandma Sue, Auntie Tammy and Mommy. This is the photo I captured on the bus as I said goodbye and got off.
Painful I know. That’s why I/we had to get in the car and drive over to school to make sure she was alright. Of course, we were spying from far enough away so as not to be seen by Kaitlyn. Mission successful.
Arriving Home!!!
note - this is a different bus driver then who picked her up
So happy ~ couldn't wait to tell us all about her day!!
I was busy making her a fun surprise for when she got home. Chocolate cupcakes with white icing and pink sprinkles.
She couldn't wait to show us this card she made us. It reads:
My First Day Of Kindergarten
It's my first day of Kindergarten
and I'm thinking of you.
I made this precious handprint
So you'll think of me, too.
It's my first day of school
and The Kissing Hand is what we read.
It's about a raccoon
who did just as his parents said.
If you miss me while I'm away
Put it to your cheek
And a kiss from me will always stay
Throughout the whole long week
Yes, I was crying by the end of it and know I will probably read it often and put my cheek to it.











3 comments:
Oh Karlene, I'm dying looking at that sweet sad face on the bus. I love that you followed her to school and she will too one day.
That face on the bus. Oh, I would have had to follow her to school too. You are so much like me and your mom. There was no way you couldn't go to the school and make sure she was happy. And I can't tell you the number of times I went to school to spy but had to make sure I wasn't seen
When you told me about the tear stain on her face I went back in and doble clicked on the photo. That enlarged it and I could see the tear. I hope you are enjoying going more now Kaitlyn. Aunt Nan sends you a big hug.
Post a Comment